Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.
19741892

My dog keeps squinting and his eye is partially shut. There

My dog keep's squinting and his eye is partially shut. There was some mucous-like material at one point. The white of the eye is slightly red. The local vet is closed for the weekend. Is there anything we can do for him to make it more comfortable until Monday?

Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
Hello there,

If he is squinting, the eye is painful. Corneal injury is most likely. Glaucoma, infection, foreign bodies and KCS are also possible. The eye can be flushed 3-4 times a day with plain saline used for contact lenses or artificial tears from the grocery store until the eye can be examined.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry this is the first time I used this site. I am a little confused because I had to deposit $18 in the account, and then, when you answered, another $3 deposit. How much are you getting for this transaction? $3, $18, or $21? Very confusing!!! I will accept after you respond.

As for your answer, I was pleased with your answer. We flushed his eye on Saturday twice and he was back to normal. He must have had something in his eye that came loose from the flushing.

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
The question came through on this end as $18. I don't know what the other $3 was for. The vets on this site do not handle any of the charges. They only take deposited money out of your account when you click the 'accept' button at the end of a response.