Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

MY DoG WAS THRoWING UP PooP THEN STARTED THRoWING UP WHITE

MY DoG WAS THRoWING UP PooP THEN STARTED THRoWING UP WHITE FoAMY SliMY STUFF.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Christian K. :

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. When did this start? Has she had any vaccines and how old was she when the last one was given? Is her belly painful when you gently push on it? Are her gums a normal pink color? Has she had any diarrhea? Has she been eating and drinking?

Customer:

The tr0wing up just started t0night. yes she has had tw0 0r the Iast 0ne was ab0t a m0nth ag0. She has nt been eating as much,very Iittie. N0 diarrhea,her gums are a n0rmaI pink,she's stiII pIayfuII n0w.

Dr. Christian K. :

Thank you for that information. At this age there are many possible causes for the vomiting. Intestinal parasites, infection, an upset stomach from eating something she shouldn't or even a blockage with something she ate are all possible. For now take away her food and water for the next 2-3 hours. If she improves then you can start offering small amounts of water or warm chicken broth. Don't offer any food until tomorrow morning. It will only upset her stomach more. If she is better in the morning then you can start offering small meals of bland food such as boiled chicken breast, white rice and scrambled egg whites. If she continues to vomit or won't eat then have her seen by a vet.

Customer:

I think u may have miss the part where she is thr0wing up execreti0n/p00p. s0rry ab0t that

Dr. Christian K. :

I understood that part. That is material from the intestinal tract, once partially digested it will smell like fecal material. That is also why I am a little worried about intestinal blockage since that would also cause it.

Customer:

0h 0k thank,i wiII try that.

Dr. Christian K. :

You are welcome. Good luck.