my dog dissapeared for a week now he is back he has lost alot of weight, wont eat, is very lethargic has liquid bowel movements but drinks lots of water, he puked the one time I got him to eat anything. Im concerned but not overly so because he is drinking water. Can I wait a few days before I take him into the vet or does it sound like this is an emergency situation. Im not sure what a vet can do for him right now since there isnt any visible trama to him. I was thinking maybe he just ate something bad or someone had tried to poison him.
Type of Animal: german sheppard
kept him isolated with lots of fresh water tried to feed him various types of food (dry, wet, people food)
Hi there, I am sorry to read about your dog. I do not think you should wait. With the symptoms you describe I am concerned about possible poison. Increase thirst along with vomiting and weight loss can be a sign of kidney failure which is readily caused by antifreeze. Antifreeze poisoning is a life threatening condition.
9 yrs of small animal practice