Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.

I think my chihuahua is constipated. He is very uncomfortable

I think my chihuahua is constipated. He is very uncomfortable and does not want to move around much. His stomach is tight but does not seem swolen. At first I thought it might be a back injury because he has injured it before jumping down from couch etc. He doesn't have any nausea and has no congestion. He just isn't behaving like he usually does. I am very concerned and don't know what to do. Vet's office is closed for the holiday.
Hello there,

Is he straining to defecate?

Is he urinating normally?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I haven't noticed that he is straining to defecate. I haven't seem him try to go at all.

I believe he is urinating normally as far as I can tell.

If he is not straining he is not likely constipated. Those dogs try to go often and can't get anything out. Another case of back pain would be more likely if t has happened in the past. Lumbar spine pain will cause a tense abdomen. Anal gland impaction or infection can also mimic back pain. I would feed the dog if not straining. Mineral oil or cat hairball medicine can be mixed into the food to lubricate the intestines. The feces will look oily when it passes. Buffered aspirin can be used at 5 mg per pound body weight every 12-24 hours as needed to rule out pain, but it must be given with food.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I believe you are probably right. I will try your suggestions. Do you think he is any immediate danger? I am really worried.

If he is eating and drinking and not in distress or pain he should be OK until tomorrow if nothing changes. If he goes downhill today, an ER visit would then be warranted.