Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of experience in veterinary medicine and surgery
20804272

my dog is vomiting clear liquid with a little bit of foam.

my dog is vomiting clear liquid with a little bit of foam. he only seems to do this when i myself am stressed or he has done something wrong.. he gets into other dog's food so he never has one steady diet of one type of food. i've switched him from bland diet to regular diet and he seems to be okay then he gets stressed then vomits. i don't know what to do, is this a serious problem? the vomiting is accompanied by sneezing so is he perhaps allergic to something?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 6 years ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

It is very possible that he has food allergy/hypersensitivity. I would suggest to get an over the counter diet called sensitive stomach, Science Diet makes such a diet. As well, I would suggest to give Beowulf some human over the counter Pepcid 10 mg tablets and give 1 tablet per 40 pounds of body weight, and give it every 12 hours. If after 1 week and there is no improvement, then you need to ask your vet for specific veterinary diets such as Prescription Diet i/d and z/d.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about his symptoms appearing when he is stressed? He had a little bit of diarrhea, but the bland diet quickly repaired that. He gets very stressed and vomits and then looks sad the rest of the time. Is that at all related to his allergy?
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 6 years ago.

Yes. All of these can be related to food hypersensitivity/allergy. After vomiting, a dog will not feel good, and that is normal for them to "look sad". He can also possibly have inflammatory bowel disease, which will require surgical biopsy of the intestine to diagnose.