CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

My yorkie poo has black spots on her tummy and close to her

My yorkie poo has black spots on her tummy and close to her private area popping up. She probably has about 8 spots, all varying in different sizes. Do you know what this could be?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

Is she licking or scratching at the area?

Are they raised on the skin?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, she's not licking the area where most of them are. She has a couple spots on her back leg and licks that area. That's like a "hot spot where she lost some hair." She lost quite a bit of hair about 8 mo. ago due to a skin allergy to the shampoo I was using. I switched to a medicated shampoo and the hair grew back. The spots are not raised.
If everything else is normal - and there is no discharge, texture, or other abnomality, this is likely a benign, normal, change in pigment than can occur over time (melanin change) and is unlikley to be of any concern at all in a young dog with no other signs of illness.
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian