Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine
18324312

my dog is panting and shaking and her stomach is gurgling very

Customer Question

my dog is panting and shaking and her stomach is gurgling very loud . she is a 5 lb 8 yr old chihuahua. this happened on monday and i took her to my vet and he took exrays and all looked fine. he gave her a couple of injections and she was ok yesterday but its happening again now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
Loud noises from the GI tract are a symptom of a problem there. The medical term for this sign is "borborygamus". Something is going on in there and this needs to be reexamined by Lulu's veterinarian. A whole host of conditions can cause this sign and it should not be ignored.
In the meantime, you may be able to make Lulu more comfortable by giving her a Pepto Bismol caplet every 4 hours.
Feeding her a bland diet of half and half cottage cheese and boiled rice may help settle her stomach as well. Give her half a cup three times daily.
If you should have further questions, please let me know.