Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.

my dog has an inflamed butt. it is swollen and bleeding. but

my dog has an inflamed butt. it is swollen and bleeding. but he does not apeer to be in pain. can this be hemordaids?
Hello there,

Is the anus itself swollen of the skin on either side on the anus?

Is the dog neutered?

How long has this been going on?

Where is the blood coming from?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is swollen looks like on the outside.he is not neutered. its been going on 2 weeks.there is what looks like an open blister that looks blood red.
Dogs typically don't get hemorrhoids. They can get tumors, polyps and anal gland infections in that area. If the blister is on the skin beside the anus, a ruptured anal gland is most likely. Most cases are treated with an oral antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory. if there is a polyp or a tumor, they usually need to be removed. That is easier said than done given the location. If hot packing the area with a warm moist cloth 10 minutes twice a day and topical Neosporin or cortisone cream does not reduce the swelling, the dog will need oral medications to treat the problem.