Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior

my dogs upper eyelid is swollen

my dogs upper eyelid is swollen

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. A few questions will help me get a clearer picture of the situation:

• Is he rubbing or scratching at the area?
  • How long has it been there?
  • Is there any redness or oozing?
  • How much does he weigh?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he rubed it a little there is no discarge eyes are clear it looks like if some one would have punch him in his eye one min he was fine then he went outside to use the restroom and the next his eye is swollen his weight is 25 pounds
Thank you for the information. I'm wondering if he has an allergic reaction or even was stung by a bee or wasp. That would explain the sudden occurrence. Try giving him 25mg every 8 hours for the next 24 hours. It may make him sleepy but is very safe. You can also try an ice pack on the eye. If the swelling worsens then have him checked by a vet. If you have more questions please let me know.