UKVETJH
UKVETJH, Veterinary Surgeon
Experience:  BVet Med MRCVS since 2004. Certificate in Veterinary Acupuncture
7313698

what is wrong my dog is throwing up white foam in blood

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  UKVETJH replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

How long has your dog been vomiting for?

How often is the vomiting?

Is she able to keep water down? Is she wanting to eat?

Does she have diarrhoea?

Is she bright and alert? Or is she weak and wobbly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she been vomting for 2 days,she vomting 2 maybe three time a day, no she not able to keep water down she smells her food and walk away from it. no diarrhoea she act like she weak

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello r u there?
Expert:  UKVETJH replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for the extra information.

This vomitting may be as a result of something that your dog has eaten that has irritated her stomach lining, or it could even be related to something she has swallowed that might be obstructing the guts. It is very difficult to tell from what she is doing at the moment.. I wold think it is unlikely to be as a result of the parvo vaccine.

If she cannot keep water down at all and she is weak on her legs then it is possible that she can become dehydrated if she cannot replace the fluid she is losing by vomitting. I think it would be best if you could have her checked over by your vet so that they can give her some fluids if she needs them. Very often with this kind of problem,placing the dog on intravenous fluids means that they can have nothing at all by mouth and the tummy has time to settle. Sometimes antibiotics and antacids are helpful too. Your vet will also be able to assess whether there is a chance there is something stuck and take an x-ray if necessary.

In the meantime, don't offer any food, mix a little sugar in with some water and encourage her to have little and often and try to keep her quiet so that she does not exert herself too much.

I hope this helps,

Jen

UKVETJH, Veterinary Surgeon
Experience: BVet Med MRCVS since 2004. Certificate in Veterinary Acupuncture