CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

My Dog acts like she has to go pee but nothing is coming out.

My Dog acts like she has to go pee but nothing is coming out. Could she have a blatter infection. What can I do for her to make her feel better until she can see a vet. Can I put baking soda in her water. I heard that works for humans not sure about dogs.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

To confirm - Chloe is trying to urinate but NOTHING at all is coming out?

-
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. She has tried to go several times but nothing is coming out. SHe is drinking water and eating well.
In thinking about your case, I am very concerned that she is trying to urinate and nothing is coming out at all.

Common causes for this may include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Bladder stones
- Bladder crystals

Because nothing is coming out - seeing your veterinarian or the local ER tonight is recommended - this is to make sure there is not a blockage in the bladde such as can be seen with a stone as this could be life threatening!
_____________________________________________________________________
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.