Dr. Karen
Dr. Karen, Small Animal Medical Oncologist
Experience:  Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Oncology.

My dog is throwing up and has diarrhea. He will not eat. This

My dog is throwing up and has diarrhea. He will not eat. This has been going on since yesterday afternoon. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karen replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm going to try to help.

Do you think Toby could have gotten into anything?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well, nothing to bad. We where out of town this weekend. He might have ate another dogs food at the house we where at?
Expert:  Dr. Karen replied 6 years ago.
You may want to not offer him any food for the next 24 hours. He may come through this on his own. If he stops vomiting in about 24 hours, you can slowly give him very small amounts of a bland food - like boiled chicken and rice. If he continues to vomit after 24 hours of not eating, then I recommend you bring him in to see a vet. You should probably have his stomach xrayed at that point, just to make sure he is not obstructed.

You could also try giving him a tablet of pepcid ac, just to settle his stomach a bit.

I hope this helps you and Toby.

If it is helpful, please "Accept" my answer. It is the only way I receive credit for my efforts. Thank you!