Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

I have a french mastiff red nose pit bull mix his father french

I have a french mastiff red nose pit bull mix his father french mastiff his mother red nose weight is 110 and 85lbs my puppie is nine months weight is 65 lbs he only eat one small bowl of food i have tried all kind of dog food some time i have to starve him before he eats i think he should weigh more idont know want else to do i need help
Hi there and welcome to justanswer!

Does your puppy appear thin?

Is he a picky eater?

Is he active and healthy?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He is a picky eater he shoud be much thicker i think
Even in French Mastiff's , there is a difference in metabolic rate that will cause one to be heavy and another to be thin. From what you have told me, it appears that your guy is healthy and much of what he is eating is going into his growth. He will not be mature until he is a year of age so much if the nutrients are being used up for growth rather than putting on weight.

be sure he is getting a good puppy food and tempt him with canned puppy food is he is a picky eater. Once he matures, he will gain weight.

Good Luck!