Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian
Experience:  Currently working at 5 different hospitals, love helping animals and people

my dog has been in labor for over 24 hours and i think theres

Customer Question

my dog has been in labor for over 24 hours and i think theres a possibility the puppy might be to big to pass threw the birth canal. but i dont have the money to take her to a vet and is there anything at home i could do to help her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Aaron replied 6 years ago.
Hello this is Dr. Aaron,
I wish I could tell you that there is something you could do to help your dog at home but at this point it is quickly approaching a medical emergency (it is considered abnormal if there is more than one hour between delivery of each pup). If you are not able to immediately take your dog to the local vet there is an extremely high likelihood that she will die soon and the puppy will unfortunately have a similar fate as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best of luck.