Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

my dog is having problems giving birth, i dont have a job to

my dog is having problems giving birth, i dont have a job to do a credit payment and i only have 50 $. she has been in labor for about 15 to 16 hours, i think one is stuck!
Hi there. Has she been actively contracting for 15 to 16 hours? Has she given birth to any live pups yet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yea, she was yesterday, but none have come yet, im so scaired...
Hi there. As I am sure you know, your dog needs to get to a vet ASAP. It does sound like a puppy is stuck. If the puppy does not come out, it is definitely a possibility that your dog could die. If you truly have no money and your only option is to sit home and watch your dog potentially die, then you do have one other thing you can try. You can go buy some latex gloves, and put on a glove and use some sterile lubricant (KY jelly) on your gloved finger and insert your finger gently into the vagina to try to feel for a stuck puppy. If you can feel one, you can try to push the puppy backwards, where it is then possible that the pup could get slightly positioned differently where it can come out. You can try squirting a lot of the KY into the vagina. But, I would only do this as an absolute last resort if you truly cannot afford to take your dog in to see a vet. I wish you the best of luck.