Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
I don't recommend using this medication for your dog. It is a skeletal muscle relaxant, but can cause weird neurologic signs (tremors, vocalization, seizures, etc.) in dogs. Overdoses (a therapeutic dose has not been established) can cause toxic effects including mild increase in heart rate, respiratory depression, seizures, and ataxia.
Your vet can dispense a more appropriate muscle relaxant called methocarbamol.
Good luck with Hank!
Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please click on the green Accept button. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!