Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My dog just ate a panty liner from the trash. Will he pass

Customer Question

My dog just ate a panty liner from the trash. Will he pass it? I'm worried and freaking out!!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 7 years ago.

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. A few questions will help me get a clearer picture of the situation:

• How much does Sampson weigh?
  • How long ago did he eat it?
  • How is he acting now?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sampson weighs 50 pounds. He ate it about 30-45 mintues ago. He ate a cup of food and is now sleeping like normal

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. The good news is that Sampson is a bigger dog so this has a better chance of passing. The meal was a good idea since it may help this pass. Try feeding canned pumpkin with his meals for the next couple of days. The fiber in the pumpkin may also help this pass. If he stops eating, becomes lethargic, starts vomiting or has belly pain then have him seen immediately since those are signs of a possible blockage. If you have more questions please let me know.