Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of private practice, 10 years of ER medicine, current professor

My dog has the shakes and is favoring her right hind leg and

My dog has the shakes and is favoring her right hind leg and her stomach seems to be hard and bloated.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Pat replied 6 years ago.

The most common musculoskeletal injury to a right hind leg is either a pad injury or a torn cruciate (knee) ligament). Both could cause her considerable discomfort. However, it should not be causing her "bloat".

The "bloating" is much more concerning. Dogs that really "bloat" need to be seen ASAP. (ie not tomorrow morning, but tonight, a true emergency). Typical signs of bloat include vomiting and gagging, wretching, and increasingly hard or large stomach/chest area. If your dog is doing any of these things, please get offline and call the vet asap. Bloat again is a very serious medical emergency and needs to be addressed immediately.As I am not there, I can not tell if your dog is in trouble or not, but a LIVE conversation with a vet would really be prudent.

The leg can be looked at later. Although uncomfortable it does not pose a significant threat this evening.

Best of luck with her,

Dr. Pat