Dr. Jay Mawhinney
Dr. Jay Mawhinney, Veterinarian
Experience:  34+ years experience in day practice and in critical care.

my dog has dry cracked ears at the tips. Why is this also

Customer Question

my dog has dry cracked ears at the tips. Why is this? also she has developed something on her eyes just recently where on and around her eyelids the skin is starting to peel why is this? She was fine one day and the next she's like this
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jay Mawhinney replied 6 years ago.

This could be from allergies, or possibly from mites. Without seeing her and doing an exam I can only guess. She should go to your veterinarian's to have skin scrapings and a good head to toe exam, if at all possible. If it is not scabies or demodex(skin mites) then treatment or workup for pollen or food allergies could be pursued by your veterinarian.

Hope this helps. there aren't really any home remedies that will help until you rule some diseases out with your veterinarian.

Dr. Jay Mawhinney

Please, if you agree with my advice, hit the accept button on your question. Also you need to deposit the fee first if you have not already done so. This is the only way we receive our commission on the payment.
thanks. Dr. Jay Mawhinney