Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.

Type your dog veterinary question sted a tube of clobetesol

Type your dog veterinary question sted a tube of clobetesol ointment..what should I do? I can't afford an er hospital for him? Can it br fatal?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
Hello there,

How long ago was it ingested?

Is there any vomiting or diarrhea?

What does the dog weigh?

Did the dog eat the tube or just the cream?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he ingested it on sat 1/23. I noticed that there may have been some voiting, but no diarrhea. He weighs about 5-6lbs. he ate the ointment and the tube. This mornin he seamed fine but I'm not sure ha has had a bowel movement
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
If he ate it that long ago it is too late to induce vomiting to get the cream and tube back up. The cream can cause severe stomach upset and ulcers in a dog this small. The only thing to do at this point is to settle the stomach and lubricate the intestines. Prilosec TOC can be used at 2.5 mg every 24 hours for the vomiting. 1-2 teaspoons of mineral oil can be added to the food at each meal to lubricate the intestines. The feces will look oily when it passes. The tube could cause an obstruction in the intestines if large pieces were swallowed. A bland diet of boiled chicken and rice can be offered in small meals until the vomiting stops.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where can i buy the prilosec??? Is it the human med???
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
It is a human medicine. The grocery store should have it. Pepcid AC can also b used at 2.5 mg per 10 pounds body weight every 24 hours if you cannot find it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you sooooo much!!
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome. Good Luck!