Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.

My 14 year old Yorkie, was prescibed a cough medicine called

My 14 year old Yorkie, was prescibed a cough medicine called Guaif/dext. I have been trying to find a site that will give me the side effects for dogs but can not seem to locate. The pilss are a light orange, round and his dose is 1/2 tab 3x a day. I think it is cusing excitability, when he is trying to rest. Can you help me with this. also I can not find a pill with this color and shape to double check, what he gave me is the correct pill. Thank You
Hello there,

Were the pills called Cough Tabs?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only name on the bottle is. Guaif 100mg/Dext 10mg. It is a tablet, as i stated a peachy, light orange in color. They also have a slit down the middle but no name on the pill itself
The pills are likely Cough Tabs. They contain guaifenesin and dextromethorphan. One is a cough suppressant and one is an expectorant. They are commony used in dogs of all ages. The manufacturer does not have a web site but these sites have the info you want. The side effects are the same in dogs. Both are considered safe drugs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much