CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336
Dog Veterinary

could you humanely put your dog to sleep at home by giving

it hydrocodone and/or ambien cr?
Category: Dog Veterinary
replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

Please understand that I do sympathize with your and your family in this difficult time. I wish I could say that would be ok, to use those medications at home for euthanasia.

Unfortunately - I do not think that would be peaceful or pleasant for you and your family. It would be unpleasant and very slow.

If humane euthanasia is what you would like to do, and I would certainly understand why that is something you are thinking about, seeking veterinary care for that would be best.
_____________________________________________________________________
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
is there anything we could give her to make it fast and painless without taking her to a vet, can u buy sodiium penthonal
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately not - this is not something you can buy - there would be quite the problem in people if this was available to buy...

Unfortunately there is nothing OTC that would be humane for your dog...
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.