Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior

my dog just ate all of a grants ant stake poison on the inside.

my dog just ate all of a grants ant stake poison on the inside. she didnt get much of the plastic though...what should i do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 6 years ago.

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. A few questions will help me get a clearer picture of the situation:

• Are you saying she at the poison and not the plastic stake?
  • How much does she weigh?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah she ate all of the poison but just chewed off the plastic and didnt eat that...she weighs 35lbs
The good news is that this drug is not particularly poisonous to dogs. It would take quite a few of them to cause any serious problem and that would typically be vomiting and diarrhea. Since she didn't eat the plastic there is no danger there either. It never hurts to continue to monitor her for the next 12 hours or so. If she starts acting sick then have her seen by a vet. If you have more questions please let me know.