How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Christian K. Your Own Question
Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 10146
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Christian K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my dog just ate all of a grants ant stake poison on the inside.

Resolved Question:

my dog just ate all of a grants ant stake poison on the inside. she didnt get much of the plastic though...what should i do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 6 years ago.

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. A few questions will help me get a clearer picture of the situation:

  • Are you saying she at the poison and not the plastic stake?
  • How much does she weigh?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah she ate all of the poison but just chewed off the plastic and didnt eat that...she weighs 35lbs
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 6 years ago.
The good news is that this drug is not particularly poisonous to dogs. It would take quite a few of them to cause any serious problem and that would typically be vomiting and diarrhea. Since she didn't eat the plastic there is no danger there either. It never hurts to continue to monitor her for the next 12 hours or so. If she starts acting sick then have her seen by a vet. If you have more questions please let me know.
Dr. Christian K. and other Dog Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Veterinary Questions