Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004, also involved in working with rescue groups.
23926829

my dog is acting very strange. Tail down, head down, shaking,

my dog is acting very strange. Tail down, head down, shaking, seems to be in pain. When I picked her up yesterday she whimpered. She is a 15 lb Chihuahua. She won't lift her head. She has come out of it a few times and seems normal only to go back to this later. Now seems the worst its been. She is eating normally. She did urinate and poop a couple of times since the symptoms appeared.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 4 years ago.

Hi there

Your baby may have neck pain due to disk disease. I would recommend bringing her to an emergency clinic to have her neck and back examined. Unfortunately, if this goes untreated it could lead to further issues like paralysis. The sooner she is seen the better to get this baby some relief!! Keep her rested-no jump on/off things! Good luck Dr. Jenn

Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: Practicing small animal medicine since 2004, also involved in working with rescue groups.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much. I only paid $9.00 because my husband has been out of work for 8 weeks and we have very little money right now.

I was making Gracie stand up and reach for treats a few days ago and kept doing it because I was trying to get a picture of her doing it. Maybe this hurt her neck and or back. I feel so badly for her because she is really suffering. I have to take her to the vet tomorrow to help her but we don't have the money. There is no way I can see her the way she is right now.

Thank you for telling me what you think it could be because I was even more afraid not knowing.

Sincerely,

Lisa
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 4 years ago.
If you are not going to take her tonight you can give buffered aspirin to help give he relief until you get her to a vet in the morning. Tell me her weight and I'll figure out her dose-as long as she is not on any other medications.
Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She weighs 15 lbs and is not on any medications. She is 5 years old.
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 4 years ago.
Buffered aspirin 325mg--Give 1/4 tablet by mouth tonight then see your vet in the morning.