Experience:  dasdasd

My dog may have a dislocated shoulder. What is the treatment

My dog may have a dislocated shoulder. What is the treatment? Thanks ,Deena
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 years ago.

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with her vet. She will get a physical exam, and can have xray of her shoulder done. If your vet confirms a shoulder luxation, she may try to replace it under sedation. This requires some time, as the muscles make it difficult to put it back into place and they must be fatigued before they can be overcome. After that, her leg would be put in a sling and she would go home with pain medication. She would need to stay off this legs for several weeks while the inflammation reduces, and hopefully it will stay in place once the sling is removed. Sometimes the shoulder will not stay in, and then it may need to be fixed surgically.

Good luck! Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please hit the green accept button. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!