brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My dog just licked up some carpet cleaner(Resolve), not much

Customer Question

My dog just licked up some carpet cleaner(Resolve), not much just some foam, maybe about a tsp. He weighs 100 pounds and did drink some water afterwards. So far he seems fine. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me specifically which type of Resolve cleaner? High traffic foam, professional spray, etc.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am mistaken, it was not Resolve but a brand called Powerhouse Carpet Cleaner and deodorizer. There are no ingredients listed on the label. The only warning is not to inhale and if accidently ingested, drink a glass of water and seek medical attention. It has been approx. 30 minutes and he seems fine.

Expert:  brisadog replied 7 years ago.
I'm trying to find information about the ingredients of that cleaner right now. Is there a phone number on the bottle anywhere?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. The only info is that the product is distributed by Personal Care Product Inc, Bingham Farms Michigan. I believe my husband bought it at one of those "dollar" stores. There is nothing on the can to indicate any ingredients only that it is highly flamable. He is currently happily chewing on a rawhide and wagging his tail.
Expert:  brisadog replied 7 years ago.

I'm unable to track down a Material Safety Data Sheet for this product. I tried calling the company, but there is no answer and no message. The website does not give any information regarding ingredients of individual products.

I believe most carpet cleaners are primarily isopropyl alcohol. Clinical signs (depression and a drunken stumbling walk) will become evident within an hour if your dog ingested a toxic dose. Most cases will resolve without treatment unless they ingest a very large amount. Your dog is likely in the clear...but I'm still looking!

If you are worried, you can certainly call animal poison control also. Here is the phone number: (888)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> - they charge a $60 dollar fee.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please hit the green accept button. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Dr. Susan Friend on 11/1/2009 at 7:26 PM EST
Expert:  brisadog replied 7 years ago.
Did you have any more questions? I want to be sure you have a good experience. If I have answered all your questions, could you please click on the green Accept button? I really appreciate it!