CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

my dogs eye is really red in the outside corner and I was wondering

my dogs eye is really red in the outside corner and I was wondering if you had an idea abuot what it was
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

It is possible your pup has a mild conjunctivitis or eye infection that may need an antibiotic to clear up. Very small possibility of a corneal scrape or ulcer as well.

Although seeing your veterinarian for a diagnosis would be best - until then, here are some at-home options you can consider:

One recommendation is to try to warm compress the eye with a clean, damp, warm cloth. This will help with inflammation in the area.

The second recommendation is to try to flush the eye with a sterile saline solution. I am referring to a normal, over the counter saline solution commonly found in the same aisle of the grocery story or drugstore as contact solution.

I hope this helps!
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.