Dog Health Questions? Ask a Dog Vet for Answers ASAP
How long ago was it ingested?
How much does your pet weigh?
As you can see in the link, the highest starting dose for a pet that would need this drug is 2mg per pound. Therefore, your pet's starting dose would have been 20mg twice a day.
However, your pet ingested 60mg.
I am not necessarily worried about toxicity, although that amount may have some impact on the liver, but I am concerned about that amount causing digestive illness and excessive sedation.
Absolutely, worth getting into a vet for supportive care.
If possible, please induce vomiting right now. Use hydrogen peroxide only. The dose is within this link. If you don't have it, don't worry. Just go to the ER vet now.
If you do induce vomiting, still go to the ER afterwards.
thank you but I made an error his weight is 20 pounds sorry is the answer the same thank you
20 pounds at max dose is 40mg.
He got 60mg.
Still, not an excessive dose, so not worried about long-term effects, but it really could have quite an impact on the digestive tract or mentation.
Inducing vomiting within 60 minutes takes any residual product out of the body, so may still be of some benefit. Perhaps close observation at a hospital, even if no aggressive tests are done may be worthwhile.
Certainly, with any overdose, it is unsafe for me to not recommend going in, because I can't account for any possible hypersensitivities to the medication.