Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery

How many times a day should my dog poop I know every dog

How many times a day should my dog poop? I know every dog can be different but my miniature dachsund/chihuahua mix turned 1 this month and recently seems to be going only once a day (in the morning). He used to go morning and evening. I feed him dry dog food and he is a "grazer," (the food is left down and he eats a little several times a day.) I know this is frowned upon, but it seems to work for him. He doesn't have accidents in the house and is as always full of energy. So is once a day OK?
Once a day is perfectly fine, as long as his energy level is good, and he is eating normally, and the stools are normal. I wouldn't worry at all if everything else seems normal!