Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.
19741892

dogs: his nose..his skin kind of split open and looks pink..bleeding

Near the corner of my dogs eye (on his skin, closes to his nose)
It appears like he has a cut. Looks like his skin kind of split open and looks pink. He had a trea drop of blood come down, but that's it no bleeding. On the other side, it looks like the same thing could happen.
What could this be caused from, and what can be done? Could it it be treated with drops or is it something more serious? Money is extremely tight, but if he needs to go to the vet, I will figure something out. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Gabriela
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 7 years ago.
Hello there,

Is the skin itchy to the dog? Is he rubbing the eyes?

Are the inside of the eyelids inflamed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does not appear to be itchy... He sometimes rubs his eyes no more than my other dog does.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 7 years ago.
Neosporin can be used on the skin 2-3 times a day. Tears are acidic, if the eye discharge sits on he skin it eventually cause irritation. The eyes can be flushed with saline used for contact lenses. Artificial tears from the grocery store can also be used to keep the build up minimized. The salve lasts longer than the drops. You can not use it too frequently.