during the three weeks when is the best time that a bitch can be fertilized? My problem is that i think she has been on heat for almost two and half weeks now. our dog was with her but died only 4 days ago and since then another dog has been with her. we are deciding if we should wait for the puppies to come or have them aborted as we don't want them to be from the other dog as he is only a maltese x. We are in a very sticky situation. please help us???