Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

my pomeranian was fine. and now he cant stand up or walk

my pomeranian was fine. and now he can't stand up or walk
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
Is he trying to stand up or making any effort to stand?
Is he panting?
Anything to suggest pain?
Was he doing anything today before it occurred (playing, running)?
What is his age?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this happened about for days ago, he was panting. so i shaved some of his hair because it is so thick like molt.   
no pain per say.
don't beleive he was doing anything unusal.
he's 10 yrs.

this happened once before about 5 yrsw ago they took blood work and xrays and found nothing got better and was fine we think it might have been advatage for fleas.

he did try and feel over the first couple of days now nothing. he does have bm and urinats and has good appitite.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
For this to progress over this time period is very serious and must be addressed by a vet, much sooner than later.
I cannot vouch whether he is uncomfortable or not, but I am sure we both can assume that his quality of life is being impaired by the problem, so we cannot wait this out.

I am very concerned for spinal issues (disc herniation) and systemic (internal) illness or organ problems that can result in this symptom.

Absolutely, he needs to get evaluated and a basic test or two to find out what medical management can be offered, and so you can get some better idea of what the underlying problem may be.

He could possibly greatly benefit from a trial on a steroid or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication.

Good Luck