Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

my dog has a growth on his lower eyelid, it doesnt seem to

my dog has a growth on his lower eyelid, it doesn't seem to hurt and is attached.

Welcome to Just Answer. Can you help me with a few questions to better assist you?
1) Can you take a picture of it for me to see?
2) What breed is your dog?
3) How old?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a black lab and he is about 4 1/2 years old and is fleshy in texture, located near his nose. Sorry, no picture available.
Ok. Please look at this picture and tell me if the mass on the eyelid looks similar? Please ignore the rest of the eye. The mass could look smaller but is this the correct location on the eyelid, except on the lower lid?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no not really, mine kind of looks like black dirt with a soft texture about 1/2" by 1/4" and attached by thick thread of skin.
Is it coming from the haired area of skin by the eyelid or from the non-haired area of the eyelid?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok. I'm very suspicious that your little one has a meibomian gland adenoma. This is basically a benign growth of the cells that produce tears for the eye from a pore on the eyelid. These are usually cosmetic issues and not medical issues as far as irritating the eye. I very rarely, recommend removal of these because they don't typically again cause any problems as far as irritation of the eye or visual issues.

I would say at this point, I'd still recommend having your vet check it over to just make sure that this is what it is.