Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior

Can dogs safely eat cilantro My dogs love to graze my herb

Can dogs safely eat cilantro? My dogs love to graze my herb garden and seem to really enjoy it, as well as parsley and basil. They haven't had any reaction but I'd rather be safe trhan sorry. Thank you.

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. None of these herbs are dangerous for dogs in small amounts. Large amounts could cause gas, vomiting or diarrhea. However, make sure to avoid anything in the onion family (garlic, chives, onions) since these are toxic to dogs and can cause anemia. Otherwise, let them enjoy it and it might even improve their breath. If you have more questions please let me know.