Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

my dog ate rat poison with brodifacoum 3 , he at about2.5

Customer Question

my dog ate rat poison with brodifacoum 3 , he at about2.5 oz. he weighs about 80 lbs. that was about 4 hours ago. i gave hime hydrogen peroxide to iduce vomiting it worked now what
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 7 years ago.

I just signed on and had seen you were not being helped. Please forgive the time lapse as the nights are shorter on help. Great job and quick thinking on using the peroxide to induce vomiting.

The dog will need to see the Vet asap. They will need to do blood work, give some activated Charcoal to bind any remaining toxin and start Vitamin K injection to follw with some Viatmin K pills. In about two weeks they will do another blood draw for the clotting factor and either continue with the Vitamin K, or stop it. The rat poison is an anticoagulant and can cause internal bleeding.The Vitamin treament is the best thing to help with the clotting factor. Please let me know if I can assist you, just hit reply. Joan