Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog is very lethargic, runny nose, she is not eating or

My dog is very lethargic, runny nose, she is not eating or drinking. And she is 6 months old. She is very warm to the touch also. Please help!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the questionCustomer

In direct answer to your question : What you should do, just to be on the safe side is have your vet check your dog over sooner rather than later.

While the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease over the internet I would say from the fact that she has no interest in food and water and is very lethargic that it is highly likely that your dog is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. The fact that she is warm to the touch may well confirm this.

I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that antibiotics which are prescription drugs would be what is needed if your dog is indeed running a temperature, but you should be aware that other diagnosis are also possible. I am sorry I cannot give you any more specific advice via the internet.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS