Dr. Lajos
Dr. Lajos, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 10 years, Emergency Medicine Experience, Veterinary Pathologist

My boxer puppy just ate a makeup remover wash towel, is there

My boxer puppy just ate a makeup remover wash towel, is there anything that i can do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
How big was the wash cloth? Was it very heavy duty and new, or older and thinning?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was a neutrogena make-up remover cleansing towellete just used and still very moist. They are7x7. He's 4 months old but acting fine right now
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
Okay, it might well pass with out any problem especially if it tears up rather easily. Does it tear up easily, like a wet wipe would do? As far as the chemicals in the towellete I don't think they will be at all harmful in such a small quantity. But I will try and find out for you. I'll get back with you soon. It is possibly to make a dog vomit by giving a small amount of hydrogen peroxide by mouth, about a capfull. If he ate it more than an hour or so it may not work.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well they are pretty thin so yes I would say they would tear pretty easily..he just ate about a cup of his food though and is sleeping now..but it did happen a little over an hour ago so I think he would just throw up the food and not the wipe now
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
I'm glad to hear he is resting quietly. You are right, food would likely be the only thing to come up. I could find no significant toxicity information. My biggest concern would be that it gets stuck along the way causing an obstruction. Stomach acid is pretty strong stuff and might break it up. Watch out for vomiting, straining to poop and abdominal discomfort. If these occur you should have him seen, otherwise it should pass uneventfully.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sounds good, thank you very much for your help.

Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
I hope everything works okay for you and your puppy. Good luck.