Dr. Lajos
Dr. Lajos, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 10 years, Emergency Medicine Experience, Veterinary Pathologist

best way to begin feed a starving dog We found what i think

best way to begin feed a starving dog? We found what i think is a yorkie poo, waiting for microchip info, bones are protruding, what should i feed/do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer

It is wonderful of you to have taken in the little dog. I am guessing you have no dog food, so in the meantime I would feed the little dog a small amount of cooked rice and maybe a little chicken. Not too much at first, maybe a quarter of a cup to see how it stays down. If you are asking about dog food, any commercially available dog food either at the grocery store or supermarket should do. Small size food for a little dog is best.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Lajos