Dr.Fiona, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal medicine and surgery - 16 years experience in BC, California and Ontario

My dog swallowed a 25mg Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumarate) tablet,

My dog swallowed a 25mg Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumarate) tablet, how much harm is there?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr.Fiona replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

I have searched all the veterinary databases that are available to me and can find NO information about this drug in dogs.

So, I would strongly recommend that you call poison control (888)(NNN) NNN-NNNN A $60 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

Their website is:

If you don't want to incur the $60 fee, I could tell you how to make your dog vomit, if you would like. I would need to know age and breed, and whether he has any health problems.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She's 1 1/2 yrs, about 65 lbs, border collie/pit mix
Expert:  Dr.Fiona replied 7 years ago.

I am happy to tell you how to induce vomiting... but do always check with a vet before doing so. There are some situations in which you should NOT induce vomiting (such as if she ate something sharp like a bone, or something like used engine oil, or a battery if it was punctured and the caustic material was leaking out.. these things are better dealt with in the stomach as it is stronger than the esophagus which could be damaged during vomiting these things).

To make her vomit, you could take your dog to a veterinarian immediately as this is the safest possible option. If this is absolutely impossible, you could attempt it at home, but know that there is some small risk of aspiration of vomitus.

You can make your dog vomit by using 3% hydrogen peroxide.

Give 2 teaspoons per 10lbs body weight. If your dog weighs 65lbs, then you could give the maximum dose which is 3 tablespoons.

There are 2 ways to do this:

Tip her nose to the ceiling and pour it down her throat with a shot glass, or a turkey baster. To do this, hold the dog between your knees with you kneeling on the floor. Have the dog face away from you. Point the nose to the ceiling, open the mouth and quickly pour the FULL dose into the back of the mouth.

You can repeat in 10 minutes if she has not vomited yet.

More here:

I find the shot glass method to be the most effective!

If you are not able to give it by mouth as described above, you can use the following method:
1. Feed a small meal or slice of bread first - they are more likely to vomit with some food in the stomach.
2. Dogs will often drink peroxide if you mix it 50:50 with milk or ice cream, and it is just as effective.
3. Dogs are more likely to vomit after getting hydrogen peroxide if they move around - play ball, go for a walk, run up and down stairs - as this heightens the fizzing.
4. Always check the expiration date of the peroxide. If it is old it doesn't fizz very well!

You should not do it more than twice. The vast majority of dogs will vomit with this! It is useful in case she eats chocolate, prescription medications, or sugarless gum containing xylitol.

Hope that helps!

If this has been helpful, please Accept my answer and leave feedback.

If you need more information, just click on reply and I will still be here to provide it!

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would strongly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.