my dog just ate a stick of cocoa butter. what should I do. 64 lb shepherd mix, the stick was about 3 - 4 inches long, maybe 3/4 inch across.
Hi Karin! White chocolate and cocoa butter do not contain the dangerous toxins that are in the semi sweet or milk chocolates so you are safe. Cocoa butter is the fat that is removed from the chocolate liquor. The amount of theobromine, the toxic component of chocolate, in the cocoa butter is minute compared to the other chocolates so it will not show the toxic effects. It will, however, cause a small digestive disturbance such as vomitting and diarrhea which will subside in a day.
Just keep an eye on him during the day for digestive signs or signs of hyperactivity .
I hope this helps!! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Click REPLY if you need more info. Click ACCEPT if I have answered your question.
Thank you so much for your question! Remember, this cannot replace an exam by a veterinarian.