Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

my dog has been having trouble breathing through her nose,

Customer Question

my dog has been having trouble breathing through her nose, sounds like is trying to clear it like a human> she is still very active< good appetite, drinking plenty of water, but has thrown up twice on the last 2 days. Is it just allergies or something else?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. JD replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you tell me how old your dog is and what breed she is?

When did you first notice this?

Does she have episodes of standing still and inhaling and exhaling loudly when this happens?

What has she thrown up? mucous, liquid, food?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Can you tell me how old your dog is and what breed she is? SHE IS A 9 MONTH OLD PITBULL MIX

When did you first notice this? ABOUT A WEEK AGO, SHE WOULD DO IT ONCE OR TWICE A DAY , LAST NIGHT IT WAS CONSTANT FOR LIKE A HOUR AFTER SHE CAME IN FROM OUTSIDE

Does she have episodes of standing still and inhaling and exhaling loudly when this happens? ITS NOT REALLY INHALING, EXHALING SHE STOPS WHATEVER SHE IS DOING AND SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS SNORTING/CLEARING HER NOSE WHICH CAN TAKE HER MULTIPLE TIMES TILL SHE CAN BREATHE CLEARLY

What has she thrown up? mucous, liquid, food? LAST NIGHT LOOKED LIKE MUCOUS WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF GRASS, AND THE COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE WHEN IT HAPPENED IT WAS A YELLOW LIQUIDY MESS