How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Andy Your Own Question
Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 29979
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Andy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do if my dog drank some antifreeze

Customer Question

What should I do if my dog drank some antifreeze
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello,
When did your dog ingest it?
About how much do you think was ingested?
Age of your pet and how much does your dog weigh?
thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
About 5 -10 min ago, 1.5 yrs, 45lb., she drank some residiuals that was on my drive way from the dilutated content from my car. I was wash my driveway some it was diluted a little more from the orignal yet.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
Okay.
You need to induce vomiting immediately. I prefer hydrogen peroxide as my first choice.
Here is a link on how to do it.
Afterwards,
I would still STRONGLY recommend you go into an ER vet for supportive care.   It takes very small amounts of antifreeze to be extremely toxic about dogs. I'll include a link about that as well.
Good Luck

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/ethylene-glycol-toxicosis-in-dogs/page1.aspx

How to induce vomiting:
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Go now....
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Dr. Andy