How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 19331
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog accidentally ate decon mouse poison what can I do

This answer was rated:

My dog accidentally ate decon mouse poison what can I do

Hi, can you answer these for me:

 

1. How long ago did your dog ingest the decon?

2. What is the active ingredient in the decon?

3. What king of dog is it and how much does he/ she weigh?

 

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was within the hour. I have 2 two year old German shephards both way at least 70lbs. Not sure wich one ate it or how much both ate. Main ingrediant is warafin a blood thinner. Is there anything I can give them to fix this.

Ok thanks,

 

Yes you can give them each 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. If no vomiting in 10-15 minutes you can repeat the dosage. Whichever one vomits the green pellets should be taken to your local ER clinic and given a dose of activated charcoal and then started on Vitamin K therapy for 30 days. This will counter the effects of the Warfarin and should prevent any bleeding. The bleeding occurs 2-3 days after ingestion just FYI, so even though no signs are seen now the dog should still be treated as stated above.

 

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

Dr. Gary and other Dog Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you