Dr. B
Dr. B, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  B.S. and D.V.M. at Texas A&M University, 10+ yrs experience practicing very high quality medicine & surgery
16944058

My dog was just eating Flintstones Vitamins. He is around

My dog was just eating Flintstones Vitamins. He is around 80 pounds. Do I need to get his stomach pumped?

Approximately how many vitamins did he eat?

How much iron is in each vitamin (per the label)?

How long ago did this occur?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
These are Flinstones Complete Vitamin A 2000 units Vitamin C 60 mg E 30 IU D 30 IU Thiamin 1.5 mg Riboflavin 1.7 mg Niacin 15 mg Vitamin B6 2mg Niacin 15mg Folic Acid 400 mcg Vitamin B12 6mcg Biotin 40 mcg. I think he ate no more than 10. I only actually saw him eat one. I counted and there are approximately 160 left of a bottle of 200 and the kids have been eating 2-3 a day for 2-3 weeks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK more of the label Calcium 100mg Iron 18mg Phosphorus 100mg Iodine 150mcg Magnesium 20mg Zinc 12 mg Copper 2mg Sodium 10mg Choline 38mg
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was about 10 minutes ago i called the vet and got a phone number and thought my time would be better spent counting vitamins and looking up answers. he is lying down on the ground and trying to go to sleep. should i take him for a walk?

I wouldn't be worried. Luckily, you have a big dog, so he would have to eat quite a bit to get into issues with toxicity. Some of the vitamins may cause mild stomach upset, so don't be alarmed if he vomits or doesn't have a fantastic appetite later today. The iron is the concerning ingredient, but he ate well below the toxic dose of iron for dogs.

FYI, iron overdose can cause liver problems in dogs. This would show up in blood work within 18-72 hrs of ingestion. Again, I am not concerned about your dog.