Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

My dog is licking her mouth non-stop, but not drooling. I

My dog is licking her mouth non-stop, but not drooling. I noticed this after she ate (about 45 min. later). She ate the same food as always, she is not throwing up, but something is wrong.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
A few things to consider.
1. Broken tooth
2. Something stuck between teeth, inside the cheek, or on the roof of the mouth.
3. Tooth root abscess
4. Primary tongue problem (not likely a would see bleeding. But check for any irritation or growths.
You need to get a good look in the mouth.....safely.
If you cannot identify anything, or she is hypersensitive to allowing you to look, I would have her examined by a veterinarian tonight.
Good Luck
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had already done all of that. She is not hypersensitive, but when I look into her mouth, since she is not able to lick, the water (saliva) just pours out. She does not have sensitivity with her teath, gums, etc. She acts like she may be nauseaus and her stomach is grumbling a little, but she doesn't act like she's in real pain.

She did got out, but I could not tell that she threw up or had diarrhea, etc.

If she is nauseated, we could try to calm her stomach with some Pepcid or Prilosec.
The doses for each of these drugs is contained within the links below. I'll throw a link in also for giving Pepto-bismol.
If you do observe that she is vomiting or refusing to eat over the next 24-48 hours, you will need to get her examined, since we do not know what she may have gotten into when outside.
Here's the links.

To help settle the stomach you could give Pepcid (an over-the-counter antacid). You can give 10-20mg per 40 pounds of body weight (Or, 0.25-0.5mg per pound). Pepcid comes in 10mg or 20mg tablets. You can give it every 12 hours.

You can also try prilosec,