Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog has started vomiting dark brown liquid, is this an

My dog has started vomiting dark brown liquid, is this an emergency?
Thanks for the questionCustomer

Vomiting is a very common symptom in the dog and while there are no guarantees I would say :

Provided that this has just started today and is not a long term problem, and if your dog is otherwise reasonable bright and alert between the episodes of vomiting then this is likely not an emergency situation and could wait until the next regular consultation with your vet.

If your dog is very lethargic or showing other symptoms as well then you should immediate veterinary help. In my experience most cases of even severe vomiting in the dog do not end up as serious cases and will resolve with simple treatment, but you never know ...

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS