jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.

Why is my dog's nose hot and dry?

My dogs nose is dry and hot. She seems quieter than normal. What could be the issue?

A warm, cold, dry or wet nose is not a good indicator of your dog's health. Vomiting, Diarrhea, fever, discharges from orifices, these are things that may point to your dog being sick. A dry nose may point to the start of dehydration, so be sure he has enough fluids available. I don't think the ivermectin is an issue since non herding breeds can usually handle large doses of ivermectin with little adverse affects and treatment was sought with no ill effects per your post.

The following is a list of symptoms that if your dog has one of them you should take your dog to a vet immediately.

Severe Vomiting and/or Diarrhea lasting more than 24 hours.

if your dog becomes dehydrated. You can tell by pulling up the skin between your dog's shoulder blades and seeing if it flows back down normally. If it stays tented or is slow to return to normal, your dog is dehydrated and needs fluids immediately and should see a vet as soon as possible.

If your dog's gums and tongue become pale and not their normal pink color.

If your dog's rectal temperature is over 103F (101-102.5F is normal)

If your dog becomes lethargic and non responsive.

Hope this helps.