My dog ate raw chicken. What do I do?

Last night my dog ate about 6 or 7 pieces of raw chicken that were supposed to be discarded. The chicken was boneless and I want to know what is going to happen and is there anything I can do to help him from getting sick (medicine).

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  tfalkner replied 11 years ago.
Are you seeing any diarrhea or vomiting yet? How long has it been since he ate it?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Hi..Thank you for responding to me and our problem...
No, there is no vomiting or diarrhea and it has been about 7 hours since he ate it.
It was about 2:00 am and it is 8:45 am now.

Expert:  DogGoneCafe5 replied 11 years ago.

There should not be any problems with your dog. My dogs are fed raw meat on a regular basis, bones and all.
A dogs digestive system is meant to digest raw meat, bones and all.
I would have been more worried if he ate cooked chicken with the bones, cooked bones are dangerous since they can splinter.

But watch for diarrhea, but it would only be the result of him eating a "new" food, not a food that was undesirable.

Expert:  crimson_axe replied 11 years ago.

When you say discarded, was it rotten? In most cases it shouldn't be a problem. Even if it had bones uncooked chicken bones don't pose a problem for most dogs. Also if your dog was in good health, it should pass through his system. Remember dogs descend from hunters and scavengers so there digestive system is better built then others for handling this.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Yes, I believe it was rotten. It had a fowl smell to it.
And yes he is in very good health. There were no bones in the chicken.
Will he be ok?

Yes.... Even Foul food (although) not recommended on a regular basis won't hurt him. Dogs get into 'garbage' all the time.
Yes... If his 'stools' are fine and he is not vomiting, I would not worry.