-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I'm looking for the re-calibration sequence for the blend

Customer Question

Hi there! I'm looking for the re-calibration sequence for the blend door actuator on a 2011 Dodge Challenger SE.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Challenger. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Yeah! The clutch is in fine working order, the car is not low on freon, and I recently replaced a troublesome actuator but I can't figure out how to re-calibrate.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 days ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

There are two ways to recalibrate the HVAC doors, one is to connect a scantool to communicate with the HVAC module and perform a actuator recalibrate or if you don't have a scantool you could disconnect the battery for 10 min and reconnect which will also relearn the HVAC doors..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Excellent! I'll try that and see if it fixes my problem--which is that I've got hot air blowing out even when it's set to A/C and turned all the way to cold and all of the other problems have already been troubleshooted.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 11 days ago.

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Brad,I disconnected the battery and waited 10 minutes before reconnecting but I'm still getting hot air out of the AC. If the compressor is functioning properly and there's plenty of freon and the actuators have been reset (assuming it worked with the battery disconnect), what should I check next?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 days ago.

You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the HVAC unit and to perform a calibration test...

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have a scantool. What codes am I looking for?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 days ago.

If you have a scantool then communicate with the HVAC module and retrieve the DTC's, also look in misc and relearn the doors..