Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Po456 code evaporative emission system leak, 2014. A lot of

Customer Question

Po456 code evaporative emission system leak
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: 2014. A lot of gravel roads
JA: What is the model of your '14 Dodge?
Customer: 2500 Laramie 5.7 liter hemi
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuel cap is all I did
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I drive down some bumpy roads my service electronic break system comes on or when it rains a lot If I shut my truck off for a while it resets. I can drive down highway and it won't pop up
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code indicates a leak detected in the fuel vapor system.What has to be done from here is to have the evap fuel vapor system tested to locate the leak.This usually involves using an evap smoke machine to inject smoke into the fuel vapor components and a scan tool to close off the vent valve to locate the leak.In some cases all it is was a loose gas cap at one point and if the cap is tight it would take either clearing out the fault code with a scan tool or driving the vehicle for a week or more off and on as usuall and the code will clear itself and the light will turn off.

As for the service brake message on a bumpy road or when rainy this sounds like a corroded or loose electrical connection with one of the brake components.This is usually a wheel speed sensor fault or connection fault to a speed sensor causing this issue here.I would have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and then those codes can be diagnosed to locate which component is causing this fault here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete